Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Holy crap, it's almost a room


It hasn't been easy. Or clean. But wow, we are getting close.

They said it couldn't be done, but we proved them wrong. I have my father to thank for most of it. Ya, I have helped, and motivated, and yelled enough to get some of the work done. But the framing, the electrical, most of the sheet rock...that was him. I mostly moved stuff out of the way and held sheet rock up. Hell, my mom even got in on the act.

Maybe by next week I'll have a room? It'd be nice, especially since I have spent the past few days dogsitting my girlfriend's mom's house. Four dogs, four cats, and a bird. The damn dogs follow me from room to room. A chihauhau, a pitbull, a chocolate lab, and a lame cockapoo who only walks in three legs.

Hopefully the next post will see me moved in downstairs, but not before it is painted...I am thinking bright orange, or maybe turquoise. Something to really liven up my man cave.

Oh, and I finally got to use my concrete pad to change the brakes on my Jeep (literally, I had NO rear brakes).

It was glorious not rolling around in the dirt and grease and lost bolts. All that is now encased in 3-4 inches on concrete.

Wonderous.

No comments:

Post a Comment