Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Before the storm


I'm moving home. I don't want to, I always said I wouldn't, and I can't believe I am, but it has to happen. There isn't much in the way of jobs, and I don't really want to work for anyone else anyway. It never made much sense to me to work hard and make somebody else rich.

So I'm gonna wing it, take a shot at doing life my way, rather than take the easy way for once. I have a lot of wild ideas and projects I want to tackle (anyone who knows me has had to suffer through at least one ridiculous scheme of mine), the first of which will be cleaning out my parents' basement and moving into it. I have about another month or so left in my apartment, so that will be the lead up to this Herculean task. Work has already begun, but there is a lot left to do, and a lot of challenges in the way, not the least of which is how to bond an old concerete pour with a new one. Yup, it's gonna be one of those kinda blogs, and a whole lot more...

No comments:

Post a Comment